For anyone that knows me, they know that Thai food is my absolute favorite! I decided to bring one of my favorite dishes into our kitchen and I have to say, I am pretty impressed with how it turned out. Not going to lie, there are a lot of ingredients but, it only takes 30 minutes to make! I am linking up with Emily from Martinis& Bikinis and Kate from Green Fashionista!
What you will need:
-pad thai noodles
-chicken or shrimp
-juice of 2 limes
-2 cloves of garlic
-1/4 white onion diced
-handful of bean sprouts
-1 1/2 tbsp sugar
-1 tbsp peanut butter
-3tsp fish sauce
-2 tsp soy sauce
-red pepper flakes
-1 lime for garnish
What you will do:
1. cut chicken into bite sized pieces, add the onions and garlic and cook throughly.
2. once cooked, remove from pan and set aside. Using the same pan, start scrambling the eggs. Once those have finished, remove from pan.
3. using the same pan again, add the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, peanut butter, and lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the chicken and egg.
4. cook the pad thai noodles for 4 minutes
5. combine all in the pan and let sit for 5 minutes.
6. plate up and garnish with bean sprouts, cilantro, lime wedges, and siracha.