So, we all know that I am currently a resident of Florida and have been for quite a while now. I will never claim that Florida is southern in the cultural sense although geographically it is in the south. I was born in Tennessee and well, things are done a lot differently there than here.
We all know that each "type" of person has a few tell tail signs of who they are and that goes for us southern belles as well. Here are a few things that say "you might be southern if..."
1. You might be southern if you truly know what is it like to be in the "hotter than a whore in church on a Sunday"-it can get brutal, y'all!
2. You might be southern if you are someone that uses "y'all" all the time, for everyone as it is always appropriate.
3. You might be southern if you know how to be frugal and practical...no sense in dirtying more dishes.
4.You might be southern if boots are all you need. #noflatszone Boots are the way to go.. from a formal wedding gown to cutoffs at a concert.
5. You might be southern if M O N O G R A M S. HELLO! If it isn't
moving breathing, it needs a monogram-including cars!
6. You might be southern if you can respect the hat. Always a summer staple
#7 You might be southern if you enjoy picking up a gardening hobby each year in the spring.
#8 You might be southern if you have a best friend named Jack.
...or you know the value of a great Coronarita.
#9 You might be southern if with your friend Jack, Koozies are your best friend..and you have a lot of them (not the cheap kind either)
#10 You might be southern if you think this is sexy
That slower paced "yes ma'am, no sir" kinda life is the life I was born to live. As they all say, "you can take the girl out of Tennessee but you can never take the Tennessee out of the girl"
What 'stereotypes' make you who you are?