There is nothing that says "home cooking" like comfort food. Growing up, I was pretty dang lucky in the dinner department as my mom would home-cook dinner for us just about every night. There are a ton of dishes from her that I would claim as my favorite but, one of my top fives would be homemade meatballs and sauce.
What You Will Need
-1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
-1-2 cloves of garlic minced
-1/3 cup of parsley finely chopped
-3/4-1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
-1 egg+1 egg yolk
-3/4 cup of milk
-crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste
What You Will Do
1. preheat oven to 350* and prep a baking sheet
2. in a medium to large mixing bowl, add ground meat and break up with a spatula
3. add in onions, garlic, parsley, and spice mixture. mix well.
4. add in eggs and milk. stir well.
5. slowly add in the breadcrumbs. You do not want the mixture to be soupy but it also needs to have enough liquid to not become dense while cooking
6. heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a skillet
7. start to roll the meatballs into about 1 in rounds
8. fry in the pan in batches to get a good sear on them.
9. on a prepped baking sheet, arrange the meatballs into rows
serve by themselves or with noodles and sauce!
This is seriously such an easy recipe to make ahead and refrigerate for later or even to freeze for a later date!
What is your favorite home-cooked meal?