Hi dolls! So, remember like 8-ish months ago when I started..and finished a DIY mosaic table?!
Well, I decided I should do a DIY tutorial on it!
Overall, this project cost me $55. I saw all of these gorgeous tables at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc. But they were $189+....yeah right! So, I found this table:
on a street corner (aka, $free)
then I picked up the rest of these items at home depot totaling $24
then, I picked up the tiles and grout from Hobby Lobby for $31
What You Will Need:
sandpaper (if you want to change the paint color)
spray paint (if you want to change the paint color)
What You Will Do:
*if you are changing the paint color on the table*
1. start by sanding down the paint until you start to see natural wood
2. once the table is totally sanded, dust it off with a towel or feather duster, cover your work area, and start to spray paint the table. I used 2 coats with 12 hours in between coats.
3. once totally dry, spray with a water sealant spray (such as Thompson's)
4. remove the glass piece and start to create a design with the tiles
5. once the tiles are where you like them, use E6000 to glue them into place.
6. fill the gaps with grout and wait 20 minutes.
7. once 20 minutes is up, use a damp sponge to remove the excess grout. I grouted twice.
8. finally, seal the tiles with a polymer glaze. let dry for 24 hours and put to good use!
Are you currently working on any diy projects?