I love love love grilling. Currently we are in an apartment and aren't really allowed to have a grill but, we are sneaky and bought one of those little portable camping ones (insert praise hands emoji). Anyways, in Florida, it is always grilling season and I happen to have a ton of favorite go-tos this chicken however, has to be my favorite!
what you will need:
-1 package of chicken cutlets (4-5 pieces)
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes (i used heirloom but you can use whatever)
-1/2 cup colby jack cheese
-1/2 sweet onion cut into strips
-1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
-coconut oil spray
what you will do:
1. set oven to 350* and turn grill on to a high temp, prep baking dish
2. remove chicken from package and rinse under cool water. pat dry
3. season chicken lightly with paprika and salt and pepper
4. when the grill is ready, place each piece of chicken on just to get the grill marks. (about 45 seconds each side)
5. remove from grill and turn heat down to a low-med.
6. arrange onions on baking dish and pop into oven
7. place chicken back on grill until cooked throughly (10-12 minutes)
8. place cooked chicken on prepped baking dish with the onion top each chicken piece with the cheese
9. broil for 2 1/2 minutes or until golden and bubbly
10. top with tomatoes and serve with veggies and rice
epitome of a summer dish to me!