What You Will Need
-1 1/2 lbs of chicken
-48 oz of low sodium chicken stock
-1/2 cup of white wine
-pasta of your choice
-24 baby carrots
-6 celery stalks
-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
-juice of 1 lemon
-salt and pepper to taste
-oregano to taste
What You Will Do
1. set your crock pot to high heat.
2. separate the celery stalks, carrots, and onion in halves.
3. for the first group of veggies, roughly cut them into large pieces. use these to flavor the broth-they will be discarded later.
4. season the chicken with the lemon and pepper place in the crock pot. pour the broth and wine over top.
5. add salt, pepper, oregano, lemon and garlic to broth and cover.
6. set for 7 hours.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
7. after the 7 hours, turn the heat to low.
8. with the second set of veggies, cut fine/thinly.
9. carefully strain the broth from the ingredients in the crock pot
10. separate chicken from veggies. discard old veggies and start shredding the chicken with two forks.
11. place the shredded chicken back in the crock pot and add the new veggies.
12. cook pasta according to package directions.
13. place on low for 2 hours.
14. serve hot and enjoy!