My adoration of Thai food may be over the top to some.. I could literally live off Thai food and when we go for Thai food, I gorge myself and eat an obscene amount of it but, I am never mad about it! I love bringing Thai into our kitchen though! This recipe is one of our favs and a total staple in our house! Note: this is so not a quick meal-but it is totally worth it!
What You Will Need
1 1/2-2 lbs chicken cutlets cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/3 cup peanut butter
4 tbsp brown sugar depending on desired sweetness
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce, more or less to taste
What You Will Do
1. in a medium bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients. Set aside
2. mix rub Ingredients together in a small bowl and rub all over chicken.
3. melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and sear 2-3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken to plate.
5. add sauce and simmer 1 minute, scraping sides of pan to deglaze. Add chicken back to skillet, and spoon some sauce over chicken. ,
6. Garnish with desired toppings and serve over rice.