Happy Tuesday Loves!
Today I am finally spilling the deets on one of the most pictured foods on my snapchat (@ssarahhhh14) in the last month or so: grilled pizza!
I decided to try my hand at grilled pizza after catching the tail end of my favorite Food Network show The Kitchen. There are a few reasons why I am so obsessed with Grilled Pizza 1. it is so quick and easy to make 2. it is so customizable 3. it is way better than delivery!
What You Will Need:
-pizza dough (we buy ours prerolled out from Publix)
-pizza pans (we use disposable ones)
-toppings of your choice
What to Do:
1. Heat your grill to a high heat and keep the lid closed.
2. Prep the dough. since we buy ours pre rolled, we just flour a pan and plop it on. Then, flour the top side as well.
3. Pick your toppings and prepare accordingly.
4. Move out to the grill, using 1 1/2 tsp. of olive oil, oil the side of the dough facing up towards you then carefully flip the pizza dough on to the grill. Turn the heat down immediately to a medium-high heat.
5. Once the dough starts to bubble up, pop the bubbles and flip the dough over.
6. Once the dough is flipped, you will only cook this side for 2 minutes then flip again onto the pizza pan.
7. Turn heat all the way down to low and add the sauce. I recommend only using 2-3 table spoons or else the dough may get soggy
8. Add the cheese and toppings.
9. Close the lid and let grill until the cheese is melted!
Some of our favorite recipes:
-Diced Green Peppers and Onions
-Peach/Nectarine and Arugula: instead of sauce, just put thinly sliced real mozzarella on the dough and let melt then add medium sliced peaches or nectarines and lemon zest. When ready to be served, top with balsamic dressed arugula.
Have you ever tried grilled pizza? It is a new staple in our house!