Ain't nobody got time for a breakfast with 100 components that takes forever. This is why oatmeal is one of my favorite go-to's and you can even make it ahead of time.
One of my favorite oatmeal "recipes" is an apple cinnamon oatmeal. This literally takes 10 minutes and always keeps me full throughout the day.
What you will do:
1. pour the oatmeal, water and salt into a bowl, give it a quick stir and microwave for 3-4 minutes
2. while you're waiting on that, in a small pan on medium heat, add the apples with a little bit of water
3. with a spatchula, keep stirring the apples to make sure they do not burn
4. once the apples have started to soften, add in 1/2 tsp of brown sugar and the cinnamon
5. these should be done around the same time as the oatmeal
6. add your milk to the oatmeal and give it a stir, top with the apples, left over brown sugar, and pecans
If you are looking to make this ahead of time, follow the same steps but pour the final product into a mason jar and seal. When your ready, remove the top, add 1/2 cup of milk and microwave for 2 minutes.
What is your favorite quick breakfast?